You’ve mastered the basic stitches—chain, single, half double, double—but you only know how to work back and forth in rows. This class will introduce you to the time-honored granny square (both single color and multicolor), the solid granny square, and, if time permits, the granny hexagon.
- 1 ball of a smooth worsted weight yarn in a light solid color
- Worsted weight yarn in at least 3 or 4 different colors (you don’t need a whole ball of any of these)
- Crochet hooks of assorted sizes that work with worsted weight yarns; recommended sizes are 6/G (4.0 mm), 7 (4.5 mm), 8/H (5.0 mm), and 9/I (5.5 mm) removable stitch markers
- Standard knitter’s toolkit items: scissors, stitch markers, sewing-up needle with a blunt tip, tape measure, pencil, paper, etc.
- Practice your chain, double crochet, and half double crochet stitches so you remember how to do them before you come to class.
- If any of your yarns are in skeins that need to be wound into balls before you can work with them, please do that before class.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Click photo to see teacher's bio.